Our Vision is of a world in which everyone has the knowledge and opportunity to improve their lives with the support and understanding of their community.
Our Mission is to work together with local people and filmmakers to produce, distribute and show local language educational films that give help and hope to vulnerable and disadvantaged communities in Africa and Asia.
- We commission & fund film productions
- We train & mentor local film makers
- We organise film distribution & viewings, including providing mobile cinema kits
- We facilitate audience conversations to encourage deeper exploration of the issues
- We measure the impact of our films to ensure continued improvement
- We produce films in local languages
- We ensure films respect local cultures
- We are facilitators who show mutual respect to the professionals we work with
- We believe we have as much to learn from the communities in which we work as they have to learn from us
- We value the safety & security of the people we work with above all else
- We respect the local environments in which we work as if they were our own
- Encouraged communities in Sierra Leone to engage with issues ranging from teenage pregnancy & maternal mortality to Ebola, the rights of street children, and Covid-19
- Tackled prejudice against people with disabilities in Bangladesh & Cambodia
- Advocated for children with cerebral palsy in Kenya & Ghana
- Raised awareness of HIV/AIDS in Malawi
- Educated farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Senegal & Sierra Leone
- Raised environmental awareness in Malawi & Senegal
Purple Field Productions' response to Covid-19
Standing together in the face of the global pandemic
As the latest advice and news regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve quickly, PFP continues to closely monitor and respond to the situation and the impact on the people and communities we work alongside.
The pandemic has impacted on all aspects of PFP operations, but none more so than on our overseas programmes.
Nonetheless, in uncertain and challenging times PFP clearly has an important role to play, and our recent experiences in co-producing Covid-19 awareness music videos, have demonstrated that we do have the capability of operating even in the most trying of circumstances.
As an organisation we have supported our partners Future View Film Group (FVFG) in Sierra Leone and the Kasungu Film Collective (TKFC) in Malawi to produce heath awareness music videos in their local languages.
Additionally, members of TKFC have been undergoing PFP supported training, covering film scripting, production, sound recording, and editing, which has led to the production of a short documentary on the effect of COVID-19 on schoolgirls in Malawi.
Stay up-to-date with advice from the World Health Organization (WHO):
DI KOMBRA DI KRAI (CRY OF A MOTHER) TRAILER
Our latest project updates and news including:
- The trailer for our Safe Motherhood film ‘Di Kombra Di Krai’
- Producing face masks for the community
- How Lisilojulikana continues to change the lives of Kenyan families
- Online shopping through Give as You Live